PETROLEUM SAFETY IN THE OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY.
The Petroleum Safety Training course will provide an overview of the industry with key reference to health and safety hazards occurring at the workplace. The emphasis will be on the methodologies put in place on how to identify, control and mitigate them so that work can be completed safely without loss of lives, property or degradation of the environment. Furthermore, the responsibility of employers to employees and vice versa will be discussed with respect to safety.
- Introduction to Petroleum Safety
- Hazard Identification and contro
- Workers/Employees right and responsibilities
- Use/functions of PPE
- Safety Training
- Accident/Incident reporting and Control
- Safety Communication
- Safety Legislation for Petroleum industry in Nigeria
- Personal Health
NON DESTRUCTIVE TESTING
NDT methods are used for planning of structural inspections, why inspect? Structural failure is a serious hazard in the industry, resulting in colossal loss of revenue and down time in activities .It is imperative NDT inspections should be put in place as planned activities during the construction phase to in service life of all assets.
The course will cover definitions of various NDT methods, and their applications in the on-shore and offshore sector of the industry. The most common NDT methods are VT, MPI, UT, LP or DPT, RT, EDDY CURRENT testing methods.
All methods except the LP can be used for underwater offshore structures, also the use of corrosion potential (CP) is an additional NDT method for inspection of offshore structures.
- Introduction to various NDT techniques in the industry
- Description of various NDT methods
- Applications of the various NDT techniques in the industry
- Limitations of each NDT method.
- Comparisons between methods used on onshore and offshore locations
Learning outcomes: It is expected that these sessions will be interactive and at the end of the course participants will gain good understanding and the relevance of safety/NDT use and their applications in the industry. View video intro